Saturday, July 21, 2007

Waffles in the kitchen

Just so's you know, waffles aren't a Brazilian staple, but I brought back my waffle iron when I came back from the US. They are making a big success with folks around here. On Friday, I made Belgian waffles for Elly before she left for work. Since Sissy and her boyfriend would be travelling to Campos a little later in the morning, I just made extras for them before their trip. (By the way, Sissy just turned 21 today. Can you believe it?) Aren't they a cute couple? We enjoy seeing them enjoy one another. It made for a nice morning being able to spend some time with the girls in the kitchen. I don't know what my thing is, but I love eating in the kitchen and especially at breakfast. Just seems to get the day off to a much nicer start as far as I'm concerned. I definitely think I will be investing in more "breakfasts" with friends and family. Waffling on...

No comments: