Monday, March 02, 2009

Enjoying the Family

Familia fonseca

I haven’t written for a few days, because I have been busy entertaining João’s parents. Having “guests”, albeit family, in your home changes your whole schedule. It really makes a difference in your daily routine. We very much enjoyed having them here, but I didn’t find time to write on my blog or do any artwork. Joao com os pais

Sunday we especially enjoyed family time as we all went out for lunch at Outback. It was a fun and delicious experience. It was nice to have this time all together, for usually Sundays are so hectic we hardly get any time to talk.

This morning they got away safely after their longest visit ever with us. Usually they are anxious to get away after about 2 days and this time they stayed a whole week. It has been stiflingly hot (a real challenge to my no complaining attempt), and I think they were happy to be in the air conditioning most of the time. Me too!

After they left, I got us moved back into our bedroom and bathroom, scrubbed down the bathrooms, did 4 loads of laundry and vacuumed the house. I am now sitting down in the air conditioned study and let the perspiration dry off a little before thinking of making lunch. Today it may not be rice and beans, etc. It may just be cold salad. We’ll enjoy it, whatever it is. Have a good week!

2 comments:

André Decotelli said...

Where are you at the pictures?
It's a beautiful family!
God blessed you with them...
See you!

Peggy Fonseca said...

I am taking the photo!