Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There is a Season for Everything

“Turn, turn, turn” is echoing

in my mind this morning. For those who don’t recall, this is a song by Pete Seeger, popularized by the Byrds, based on Ecclesiastes 3. I love Youtube because I can watch these old videos and recall the things from my past. The song is strange because it is taken directly from Scriptures and I never read this passage without hearing this haunting melody in my mind.

The reason it was on my mind is because last night João and I had supper had Elly at Bernardo’s apartment, to celebrate João’s birthday.

When we set up the “date” for Tuesday night (because they were travelling DSCF0925on his actual birthday), I didn’t realize that it would be at their house, not ours. I didn’t even think about, I just assumed it would be here. So when I did realize that, I felt an new “era” had been ushered in.

It was so neat, however, to see them all settled into their new apartment, full of everything all new and pretty. Seeing our little engineer preparing a fancy (and delicious) meal with everything all decorated and the two of them all comfy in their home, was suchDSCF0928 a nice feeling. And we certainly can’t forget their “big” 12 pound boy, Galileo. I always feel like Mia is a miniature cat after I am around him.  

So there you go, this is the season for them to be adults and begin their married life. It is also the season for us to continue to put down roots into our married life and invest in our relationship as well. For right now, we are at a similar place in our lives. I wonder when the balance will tip again?

No comments: