Friday, May 13, 2011

lf You Blinked...

You missed it. Yesterday I worked for hours on my blog. I had done a post in the morning about how I was trying to learn how to use photoshop to make a new layout for my blog. Interesting, because I always use a program called Windows Live Writer to write my posts. It saves them to my desktop. Yesterday, I actually posted directly online with blogger's own editor. Why, oh why?
After posting, I went to work on photoshop and did a background and banner and made lots of changes. Last night, everything had disappeared. Blogger had problems and everything posted yesterday was erased. Swell. But then they said they would restore it. Restore it they did late last night, so some of you saw the changes.
This morning they were gone again, and evidently gone forever! Rats. Not so much for the post, but for the design changes. And I couldn't even access blogger to make anymore posts or changes.
This afternoon I was able to access blogger, and here I am. I did make a new banner for the blog and then changed my layout totally. Since the "in" thing is to have lots of white space, temporarily I am leaving the blog without a background. I do plan to make some changes, but since it's Friday, I just don't have time for anything more. I like my header/banner that is composed of my own paintings. I was pleased I figured out how to do my own banner and background.
The Organized Heart: A Woman's Guide to Conquering ChaosYesterday I did mention a book I am currently reading and am loving. It really speaks to my soul. It is called "The Organized Heart".  It is by an interesting publisher called Cruciform Press that only does one book per month. They are all evangelically conservative books, but they have an interesting philosophy, if you want to check them out. The quote I shared yesterday is:"The disorganization in my life was not due to lack of knowledge or skill and it was not due to a problem in my childhood. Rather, it’s a broken belief system: a heart issue, a sin issue. At the end of the day, it’s idolatry."
Just one more thought for today and I must get back to my "real" work. As you may know, this is the 400th anniversary of the King James Version of the Bible. There are a lot of cool sites out there. But I especially love the one where the minister is sharing a "saying" per day that had it origin in the KJV. Really great is the video of 100 expressions or phrases from the Bible in just three minutes. Give yourself a second to adjust to his accent (well at least my American friends will need to do so) and then enjoy! The website is "The King's English". The video is below.

3 comments:

Elly said...

Acho que o post que voce fez ontem voltou, né? Pelo menos está aparecendo aqui pra mim.

Isso aconteceu com muitas amigas minhas blogueiras. Chato mesmo!!

Elly said...

Esqueci de dizer que o template novo está lindo!!!

Peggy Fonseca said...

Obrigada. As vezes mais simples é melhor.