Sunday, November 14, 2004

Lift the Load

I am so excited! Since September we have been running a low-key campaign in the church for a Canadian Baptist Ministries Christmas Project, called “Lift the Load”, to help child labourers in India be able to study in schools and eventually be able to lift their families out of grinding poverty. The church chose to do this rather than operation shoebox, feeling it would truly make a difference in one child’s life if we could raise at least $400. You won’t believe it, but when we counted the offering today, we had a total of $1290. I was so thrilled I just cried with joy. The kids, who were really the focus of the campaign (children helping children) were jumping up and down they were so excited when they found out. Isn’t that just fabulous? And interesting since João preached about the church in Antioch today and their willingness to care for those in nead. Our next project? We will be caring for the needs of seven families for Christmas, quite a large undertaking. Also we are trying to help the mission for homeless people. Our people’s generosity is always amazing to me, when I know how much everyone is struggling financially. I know God will bless their sacrifice. And I know I was blessed. And in India three children will now have their load lifted. What a wonderful day today!

No comments: