Monday, November 22, 2004

Dear Diary

Sometimes when I sit down to write on this blog I feel like a little girl again with my diary open before me and I can think of nothing to say, so I write "Nothing new happened today!"
That's really not true, for each day is new. Last week, for instance I went, by train, to Toronto for a resource committee of the Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec. We are working on the materials for the years 2005-2006. Our theme is great (can't reveal it yet!). The meeting was stimulating and I'm anxious to use the material in our own church next year. I worked on reading the books for our recommended reading list and was especially enchanted with the book "Daughters of Islam", which I hope you can read too. It's great. I also loved "Your God is Too Safe". I loved the participation in the meeting. I enjoyed my visit with our friends in Toronto, the Keidann's. They truly make me feel at home.
When I got home I hit the ground running. No time to breathe. I taught my English class (I'll write more about that on another day). Then I went off to a 50th birthday party where I got to be a murderer (calm down - it was one of those murder mystery games and I acted the part of the murderous housekeeper).
Then this weekend we started rehearsals for our Christmas program. It's called "The Not-So-Silent Night" and is quite a comedy. We even have a Christmas rap in the middle of it.
The highlight of the week is my sister's arrival. Jeri came to spend a week with me. It's not Thanksgiving here, but it is in the US, so we might enjoy a baked chicken together. Mostly we will give thanks that we can spend time together.
Hope your week was an uneventful... no! I mean as "exciting" as mine!

No comments: