Wednesday, April 06, 2005

She's he-e-e-e-r-e!

Today Sissy arrived from Brazil. Not on schedule, but the important part is that she is here. She arrived in Toronto early this morning and had to go through immigration there. When she didn't answer all the questions to their satisfaction, she had to get into a line for the one translator for all the Brazilians and Argentinians. She waited and waited. She missed her plane and the next one as well. Fortunately there are planes every hour from Toronto to Ottawa. There was no problem on her side, because as soon as she got out, there was a desk and someone waited on her in Portuguese and re-checked the luggage and rescheduled her flight and even told her where to go to catch the plane.
In the meantime, however, we had no idea of what was happening since we had gotten to the airport early. So, I came home with Barry and left João at the airport. That way, if she arrived someone would be there. And if she called, someone would be home. I got home and got on the phone to Air Canada and discovered she was due to arrive at 11:00. (They wouldn't tell me at the airport because of privacy laws. But they did on the phone - Go figure!!!) When João called from the airport, I said: "She arriving now" and he said "No, she's here!" I then called Anne who gladly drove me back out to the airport (even with a terrible cold!) and there Sissy was. I jumped out of the car and gave her a big hug. I hardly waited for the car to slow down. There wasn't time to catch it on film, so we gave it a posed shot. See how happy we are?

No comments: