Monday, May 09, 2005

I'm home from the convention

I am just home from a fantastic weekend! I was in Waterloo, ON, for the convention of the Baptist Women of Ontario and Quebec. We had a group of 410 women, a part of which you can see below.

I rode down and back with Carol Sollows in her car and we had a GREAT trip together - we even roomed together as well.
So many good things happened, that it's hard to give the "highlights". The speakers were stimulating, the fellowship fantastic, the hotel and service was super. To sum it up, I came back flying high.
One of the fun things I participated in on Saturday was the "Project Inasmuch", in which about 50 of us went out into the community to participate in various projects. Below you can see me loading up the materials the women had brought for the women's shelter that my small group went to. We had such a good time! In fact everyone did.

Now, we from Ottawa are dreaming about having the convention here in 2007. Wouldn't that be terrific?
It was a little tiring, but it was worth it all.

No comments: