Sunday, September 18, 2005

Eastview Women's Retreat


We had a wonderful women's retreat this past weekend. There were 28 of us total (I think) together with the theme of "Patchwork People". We used quilts as our theme. We talked about God as our Master Quilter who takes all the scraps of our lives and makes them into something beautiful. As you can see we were quite an attractive group. We were so pleased because everything went so well for us. Everyone arrived safely on Friday night, albeit two cars arrived late enough to have us worried, as it was raining. We started making our quilt blocks on Friday night and everyone was pretty reluctant and nervous about it. But before we knew it, it was after 11PM and we didn't even realize it was so very late. The next day (after a not so good night of sleep) we did so many things, it's hard to believe we left by 6:30pm. We had lots of praise and worship, we had a message from Ephesians 2:10 and another from Isaiah 49:16, two small group Bible study times, time for quilting and eating, lots of eating! The weather was just great, as on Saturday it was warm, but not hot. Some people even found time for naps and walks. We had lots and lots of first timers - more than 10 of us, but amazingly the group really jelled. Everyone was just so congenial. It's fun for us to get together and do this. I will confess, though, that the drive home on Saturday was tiring. I fell into bed by about 9:30 on Saturday evening. And even today, Sunday, I was tired enough to take a 2 hour nap. I think I've recovered now. I feel so satisfied. The words of Is. 49:16 (Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands) continues to echo in my ears and I can remember how special I am to God!
If you want to see lots of photos of the retreat, visit my photo album on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peggyfonseca/44509773

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, Peggy;
Depois de algum tempo, torno a visitar essa delícia de Blog.
Parabéns pela beleza e mais ainda pela disposição em mantê-lo atualizado, coisa que o super husband não conseguiria. Enquanto mantenho-me informado, exercito-me no meu péssimo inglês...
Abraços mil, Saudades.
Silvio/Ana Maria
PS: Momentaneamente estamos sem ministério. Orem por nós.