Monday, February 13, 2006

Have Bubble Wrap, Will Pack

(For my non-English speaking friends, today's title is a variation of the title of an old, old TV show from the 1950's Have Gun, Will Travel)
We are all up to our ears in packing these days. I have been buying bubble wrap in bulk. But I think I have most of the dishes and breakables that I am storing at Mom's pretty safely packed away in Rubbermaid containers.
Today I bought 40 1.5 cubic feet boxes to do our books. Three packed and sealed and only.. well I'm not sure how many to go. Probably 30 or so. I am still getting estimates for sending the books, but I think it will all work out.
In the meantime, I have one bed in the house piled up with stuff that will go in the suitcases with us to Brazil. What a mess. I've realized I can't really pack the suitcases since I need to distribute everything equally among the various suitcases.
I also have another pile of things to donate to Salvation Army. There are several large bags sitting around.
Then there are the things I want to sell. How much to charge? How to sell them?
So many decisions. Such a little brain.
Although I was somewhat stressed as I thought about doing this, before actually starting, now it all seems to be falling into place. As the advertisement jingle says: "It's going to be all right!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,

It is nice to know that you are happy, but I protest!!!
We are going to miss you!!!
brazilian kisses,
Roberta.