Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Prayer Hammock

Why is it so difficult for me to update my blog these days? I guess I am just lacking discipline. Hard to say. I am having computer problems... it freezes about 20 times a day and I am frustrated by that. I am replacing the power pack and hope to resolve the problem. Yesterday I took it all apart. Then went out and bought a new power pack. I got it all screwed in, when I went to plug it in... discovered it was a 24 pin model and mine is a 20 pin model. Moral of the story... check out all details before buying a part for your computer! So I had to unscrew it all, reinstall the old unit and plug everything back in. Now guess what? I am actually working for one hour without a freeze up. Miracle! Could it be that things just weren't plugged in properly? Wait and see, right?
I am also trying to not spend so much time on the computer. I think it is not a healthy life style to be so sedentary. In addition I noticed since I installed my computer, I am neglecting other aspects of my life (like cleaning the house). Gotta admit, it's more fun reading e-mail than mopping the floor.
One thing I am enjoying is my hammock. It is just off my bedroom. The afternoon sun hits hard, but the mornings are just perfect. I take my Bible and my tea and lose track of time. I jokingly call it my prayer hammock. Sometimes it is my sleep hammock, however! It is a blessing for me to slow down the pace and just read the Bible and pray. I confess I don't make it there every day, but that is my goal. And look at my view! Isn't it an inspiration? Yes the photo is cockeyed. That's because I was swinging in the hammock. I wanted you to get the sensation of movement I feel.
I am still working on getting the apartment to feel more homey. Gradually things are falling into the place. I have hung a few pictures and that really helps. The window treatments arrive this week and that will be another step. I got a few pillows for my couch. It's those little things that make a difference. It actually feels like home right now. I just want it to look that way.
I enjoyed my little visit with you. Hope you also find time for your "prayer hammock" wherever that might be in your little corner of the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lost the fist message LOL. Great to see the update..things are good here but you are missed. Send me your new email addy please? God Bless you both, love and hugs Donna

Anonymous said...

I cannot spell today...that was...lost the first message , its in cyber space somewhere. Your new place looks really lovely.