Thursday, October 07, 2004

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great birthday on Tuesday, celebrating my 52nd. I don't feel old, in fact I feel terrific. It was wonderful to have my mom here to celebrate with me. My day started out great, with lots of presents on my breakfast table. João and my mom took me out to lunch. We went to Wakefield, Quebec and got to see the beautiful autumn leaves of the Gatineau hills. The restaurant we went to, the Penstock, is at the lovely Le Moulin (The old mill), which you can see below. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and our leisurely drive home through the hills and by the rivers and lakes.


This is the cool restaurant - it looked just like this with the fireplace working because of the very chilly day.

The day ended with lots of nice phone calls from family and friends. I went to sleep very happy and feeling very loved. That's a nice way to end your day.

My mom has now returned home and the house is awfully quiet. I miss her more now than before her visit, but that's the way it usually works. It's great to have her close enough for these visits. So for me, "God's in his heaven and all's right with the world."

No comments: