Saturday, February 05, 2005

6 more weeks... or not

Well ground hog day came and went (and it's pretty pathetic that it was the highlight of my week) and I couldn't begin to tell you if he saw his shadow or not. Even if he did, I can never remember what it means. I told you I was pathetic!
In fact, it's been so lovely warm here in Ottawa, that it feels like spring. Everyone is gloriously happy that it's above freezing, although I love to remind folks that if we had this weather in August, we would freeze to death. It's all a matter of perspective, right?
I confess, I AM enjoying the january/february thaw. It's mahvelous. I find myself thinking of crocuses (is that how you spell that?) and daffodils and hoping the bulbs I put out in october come out in April.
I don't think I will mind at all, taking some vacation this month. I am looking forward to revisiting Chicago with my sister. It's been 30 years since I've been back. She wants to take João and I and we are looking forward to that. Wish it weren't on a weekend, so we could go into my high school. We even plan to drive by our old house.
We also have made tentative plans to drive down to Dothan, Alabama to visit my friend from Korea days, Sherrill. We will see the folks who did the mission project at our church this summer. They've asked João to preach and speak to the SS classes and I will be singing and speaking in SS too on the Sunday we are there. That should be an interesting cultural experience for us all. And fun to boot.
I'm looking forward to seeing the family and spending quality time with them. My niece wants me to stay in her apartment and I want to do so. Strange for her to have her own apt. She's just a baby... ha, ha. Our oldest daughter also has an apt. and says we can stay there when we go to Rio. Oh, that that were soon. *Sigh*
I've been looking at job banks. I don't know what to do. I probably need to work . (let's rephrase that - I need to earn some money to pay for a trip to Brazil.) But if I work, I won't have time off to travel to Brazil. I have simply decided to put those things in God's hands. And unlike Scarlett O'Hara, I don't plan to think about that tomorrow. I plan to pray about them today!

No comments: