Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunny Sunday

As you can see it was a beautiful warm Sunday here in Walton, Kentucky. My mom, John and I had a wonderful Sunday at New Bethel Baptist Church. We got to see their baptisms - which is always uplifting - and John even shared a bit about what their church had come to mean to us. And there was a nice surprise for us at the end of the service, but I'll save that for sharing later.
After lunch, John and I took a long walk downtown (can you call it that, since there are actually a couple of stores and one stoplight?), without wearing any coats. It was in the 50's! I saw crocus' and daffodils were up. It felt like spring time. On Tuesday we plan to drive up and see my nephew and the church where he works. It's just a grand life.

Mom and I in her front yard right after church.

No comments: