Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Home again - home again

Well the party's over. Or more to the point, we are home from vacation. We had a wonderful time, but it is also good to be home.
We enjoyed our last few days of vacation, especially having a good visit with my sister Carolyn. She had been in Arizona on vacation with her husband Curt, so we were glad to have some time with them. She is doing quite well, regaining her strength after finishing her cancer treatments.
On Sunday, before returning to Canada on Monday, the family got together midway between Indianapolis and Cincinnati, for a Sunday dinner at a Chilis restaurant. We really enjoyed having a visit with everyone, except my nephew. You can see us in the photo below.
We flew into Ottawa Monday, arriving safely. We were so grateful to my brother-in-law who arranged a "buddy pass" for us, through his brother who is an airline employee. We flew for minimal cost. Although we flew stand-by, that was no problem. The most interesting parts of the trip were the very thorough inspection we received as we left Cincy... we were targeting for a "terrorist" alert because we paid cash, bought a one-way ticket at the last minute. It was very thorough... and for a minute I thought they were going to ask us to undress. But all very professional and polite. Made our travel more interesting. Then the second incident was finding I had no passport upon arriving in Ottawa. PANIC!!! It had been in my pocket when I boarded. Fortunately the nice USAIR folks went back to the plane and found it in my seat. (It had fallen out of my pocket.) In fact the employee was a Portuguese lady and we got to chat in portuguese.
We found our house all in order and Sadik VERY happy to see us again. I can hardly get him out of my lap. We are pretty well organized to get back into the full swing of things tomorrow.

No comments: