Saturday, January 21, 2006

Back again

Yes I know I have abandoned my blog. No I didn't mean to do that. It's just that well, not that much exciting is happening and as a contradiction to that, I've been busy. So there you are. Cha-Cha's mommy has been with us this week, home from Trinidade. Although they were to have been on contract until next Sept or November, she and her husband are now returning to Canada in February. I am so happy for her and grateful that God cares even for the small things in our lives. I was concerned what I would be doing with Cha-Cha (in case you are not in the know, she is a cat) when we returned to Brazil. Now I am praying what I will do in the case of Sadik. Initially I had thought we would take him with us. Unfortunately the kind of plane reservations we have (3 stops, including Dallas and Miami where the temperature will exceed what they allow for a pet), it looks like it will be difficult. Repeat with me "Sadik is just a cat"! I've tried that, but I still shed a few tears when I think of leaving him behind. So now I am praying for just the right solution for him, like we had for Cha-Cha.
On to happier subjects... this year winter has decided to show us what she can do. This is the most unusual winter we have had so far. It is our 5th winter, but I don't remember having so much snow in other years. Today it is just gorgeous out there. It's like a fairy-land. It's hard for me to work down here in the basement, for I want to just sit at the window and look at the loveliness. I have to drink it in, for this is my last snow for what is certainly to be a very long time. So if you are all grumpy about the heavy snow, just think about never seeing it again. Be happy and enjoy it. And sing with me (to the tune of Three Blind Mice): I love snow, I love snow. Soft, white snow. Soft white snow. It falls on the ground, so soft and white. Sometime it falls all through the night. Did you ever see such a beautiful sight? As soft, white snow!

No comments: