Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Isn't She Lovely?

Don't you agree with the headline? Is there anything any more beautiful than snow? A friend took this photo of our church and our house and sent it to us. I couldn't NOT share it. The world looks a lot like Narnia doesn't it? The snow is still on the trees after several days. We expect more snow tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I like it when it snows often enough to keep it white and bright. Today, though, the snow plough passed by again and left a mountain of snow behind my car. I couldn't get out and it was like concrete. My big strong husband had to removed the mountain (albeit only a knee high mountain, my car couldn't drive over it.) On these bright sunny days, you really need your sun glasses, as it's dazzling. This is what João means, though, when he says the sun is hypocritical. It's a big blue sky and bright outside, but it's ever so cold. The cloudy days are definitely warmer. Even after 5 years, it's still an amazing phenemena to us.

No comments: