Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crowns

Don't you love to have a good time? I am certainly no long suffering miserable Christian. Fun is with me! Tonight 7 women from our church went out to see the gospel musical "Crowns". We sang and clapped our hands and hooted and hollered and laughed. We had so much fun. It was, in a nutshell, about the African-American women and their hats. Made me want to run right out and buy one. I liked the idea of their tradition and of holding on to that to help them to find themselves. Sometimes I think I have missed something by not having those kinds of roots (not physical as much as emotional). But even richer and deeper than wearing a head covering is knowing that my life is covered by the blood of Jesus. Really! He holds me and saves me and loves me. And that also was a part of the story of the play. I think the whole story of redemption is what made the play so joyful. As I last mentioned, it has been so good to have these fun events to mark my last days here. What might have been plodding and difficult has become fun. I have prayed about a vision/mission for our new church in Rio. I feel that what I have to share is JOY! I do have joy, joy, joy down in my heart!

No comments: