Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ma Momma

Today was Mother's Day. For the first time since was 1992, I was with my momma on Mother's day. It was so much fun to wake up and give her a hug and a card and a gift. After church, we went out for lunch with Carol and Curt and Chuck. Then we were able to spend the afternoon together.
All that after being able to be at Megan's graduation last week and then spend a week at Jeri's house made the whole trip worthwhile. I am really enjoying being with the family. I am anxious for the next 10 days to pass, however, so that I can share this with Joao.
For so many years Mother's Day was not a day of celebration for me as I dealt with my own sterility. However, gradually God has taken that burden away from my heart and I have moved on.
I also know not everyone still has their mom or can be with her. I've spent 24 Mother's day without my mom, making today more special. For my friends who are childless or without their mom, I do hope that God will comfort your heart and He will give to you the ability to rejoice with others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice to be with your family for Mothers day !! Glad your having such a wonderful trip ! God Bless Donna