Friday, June 19, 2009

Yummy

DSCF0471

There are days when it pays to be a preacher’s wife! Today was one. The doorbell rang and there was this super giganticous (is that a word?) fruit basket. Usually these baskets are loaded with sweets and things I can’t have, but in this case there were some cookies (my favorites – arrowroot) and the rest were these oh so gorgeous fruits. All must have been hand chosen for they are scrumptious. I have eaten grapes and kiwi and tangerines. I made strawberry, kiwi and pear juice that was to DIE for this evening. I will make some grape, apple and well, let’s see, what do you suggest I add, for my breakfast? I even have an beautiful avocado. Sissy said I should draw theDSCF0468m. Not me. I plan on eating them.

This lovely gift was thanks to the Women of the church (WMU) to João in recognition of Pastor’s Day (which was last Sunday). Also it was kind of like a welcome back gift. It really was for him, but he is generous in sharing. I’d like to see him eat all that fruit by himself. I owe the ladies a huge THANK YOU. I can’t wait to give the president a big ‘ole hug on Sunday. In fact I can’t wait to get back to church on Sunday. I think I’ll go munch on… purple grapes!

PS - Didn't wait for your input. I made juice with a kiwi, apple, tangerine and threw in some kale leaves. Yum, yum. What's next for my afternoon snack? Passion fruit with....?

No comments: