Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I made it home safely and soundly and had a reasonably good trip. Through God's providence I sat beside one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was a lovely Christian (Brazilian) woman going to Indianapolis to visit her daughter. So we had lots to talk about. We enjoyed the journey. I arrived in Miami on time, where I had 7 1/2 hours to "kill" . So I had my first (but not last) Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I walked and walked and walked. I now know every store at the airport. I found a table and chairs and I sketched. I found an internet center and went on the internet. I read my Bible. I did Sudoko. I ate lunch. And I still had time on my hands. I was so tired, and just wanted to stretch out and sleep. Fortunately the next leg of the journey went quickly, I arrived ahead of schedule and very quickly I was home, where I could have a bowl of soup, a hot shower, and then hit the sack. I was asleep by 8:30, their time, which was 10:30 on Brazilian time.
Since Tuesday, I have done some odds and ends of things. I have gotten my Kindle up and running (Yeah!!! I love it!), and have already filled and packed one suitcase with things I had ordered and other people had asked for. That's it, for the other suitcase is for Elly's wedding dress. I have picked up a few things, but not much. I have ordered new glasses, including new sunglasses and that's been the big expense. Mostly I've been reading and visiting and have done some cooking for the family.
One day my sister treated me to a " spa" pedicure. It was definitely an experience! I felt like the Queen of Sheba in my massage chair, with the fancy foot pool and the massage of the feet, as well as the paraffin treatment. My toes never felt or looked so good.
Today was Halloween and I did enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes, out with their families and having fun. I did not like, however, the ever so flagrant display of greediness and gluttony.
Tonight we turn back our clocks, so everyone gets another hour of sleep. That's grand, except for the fact that there is now a three hour time difference between here and Brazil and when I return I'll lose not one, but three hours of sleep with the change. Oh well, it's a small price to pay...

No comments: