Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life After Heat

It is still HOT here in Rio. Today the paper said that Rio is the second hottest city in the world. Right now I believe it. What aHR7775_00-GAL-global summer.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’ve never seen a heat wave like this. Last night we finally had some rain, and although it cooled it down for a while this morning arrived bright and HOT.

Even in my new air conditioned gym, I have been sweating like pig. Even walking back and forth to the gym is a challenge. We are eating lots of salads as well, because who wants to heat up the kitchen when it’s 110 degrees?

Today I decided to buy a super duper kitchen appliance that I have been drooling over. And you will laugh when you realize that what really sold me on this oh so cool processor, bkitchenmachine_livro_c5_200lender, juicer, extractor is that is is also an ICE CRUSHER. It slices, dices, grinds, blends, purées, squeezes, crushes and just about everything else in between. Can there be anything more fun than a new appliance that does so many neat things?  It comes with about 20 pieces and took me a couple of hours to read the instructions. Seriously, I just love a new toy. This is a very expensive new toy with 1000 watts of power.

I am hoping to get back into the routine of making homemade juices, especially my green juice. This afternoon I made my version of an icee, with crushed ice and grape juice. It was so refreshing. Tonight when we got in from church I threw in chlorophyll juice (frozen), with coconut water, acerola pulp (it’s a kind of tart cherry), and yes, you guessed it, crushed ice. It was not only healthy, it was wonderfully good. I think it lowered my body’s core temp. I am already dreaming about the juice I’ll make fore breakfast: Spinach, cucumbers, carrots and apples (it tests better than it sounds like). Later I’ll throw together açaí, acerola, guarana and some chlorophyll for good measure. Yummy. I think I’ll go to bed so the morning will come sooner.

No comments: