Sunday, September 12, 2004

Flying High

Thanks for your prayers. This was a fabulous weekend. It’s Sunday night and I’m still flying high.
First of I must say that today’s youth service was just a huge success. The six kids who participated just loved it. They offered their worship with really pure hearts and God was honoured by their sacrifice of praise. I cannot tell you what a moving experience it was for me to see them moving in the presence of God and leading adults to do the same. Many people were moved by tears. I feel totally full overflowing from the experience. And you should have heard the rap. It was terrific! They ended up using their own words and bi-bop and we all understood everything. I ran the projector and the sound (changing with 4 CD’s and one tape) and I was exhausted from the mental effort of keeping it all straight. (I think I’m too old for this stuff).
Then this afternoon John did the most unique wedding I’ve ever attended. It was at the hospital. It was in the chapel because the groom is very ill. There must have been 50 people there. The couple had divorced some years back. They had been talking reconciliation and recent events sort of hurried things along. Afterwards there was a sit down dinner/reception in one of the hospital’s board rooms. It was such a moving experience. Their daughter (in her twenties) pulled everything together in just 3 days! It was just lovely. Our church had a lot of people there and it was heart warming for all of us.
My heart is full from such a wonderful weekend. Later this week I’ll try to post some photos. Wish everyone could feel this same great feeling inside I have tonight.

No comments: