Tuesday, September 07, 2004

See What I Mean?

It really is hard to find time to write on this blog regularly. Amazing. For one thing, right now is just plain hectic. I was at the church on Sunday from 10:00-6:30. It was our bilingual service and despite being a long holiday weekend, the attendance really wasn't off. Afterwards we had lunch, of course. Then I rehearsed with the kids for our service next Sunday. They added in a rap piece. I can't understand a single word! But they were so keen on it that I am going to print the words to put up on the screen. That way they get to do it and we old folks know what they are saying! They had wanted to do an African piece, but finally decided that this rap piece was much better. So we went over and over it. We also worked on the choreography. In addition we painted their tee shirts. At the end of the service they come out with garbage bags over their heads and then tear them off to show their shirts with the word JOY printed on them. Our main passage talks about changing our garments of sadness for garments of joy. We are also making t-shirts with their photos on the back for the beginning part of the service. Afterwards they just didn't want to go home, so I brought them over to the house and let them watch Finding Nemo - which they loved even though they are teen-agers. I made them popcorn and I just had to rest a while. I have allergies or a cold or something and just needed to be horizontal for a while.
I am on the final countdown for my lessons. I have to send them in on Friday. But I only have 14 more to go. I am out of creativity and it's hard to finish those last few ideas. So I hope I can hang in there and between sneezes finish them up. So there may not be any more updates this week. I get a little computer weary. Especially since I also have to do the powerpoint presentation for our youth service. (Isn't it cool that I got a loan on a projector so that we could do the whole service and the sermon that way?)
Our big garage sale to raise money for our ladies' retreat (which is the following weekend) is this Saturday and I need to work setting up for it on Friday. Also on Saturday is a friend's 65th birthday. When I get back from the women's retreat, I think I will be able to breath easier. That's on the 18th. So till then, we all try to hang in there!

No comments: