Thursday, August 04, 2005

Mama Mia!

Last night I went out to see Mama Mia that's here in Ottawa for a couple of weeks. I went with a women's group from another church. What fun it was. Of course I knew almost all the ABBA songs as they had been so popular in the 70's. I suppose the vast majority of audience were women about my age. Everyone laughed and giggled and had a really good time. At the end, the cast came out and sang a couple of ABBA songs. By that time everyone was on their feet dancing and singing and clapping. It was such good fun. I really had a blast. I felt like I had been there about 15 minutes when the whole show was over. I didn't have a hard time catching a bus home and as I walked up our street I saw Sissy and João sitting out on our porch. I thought: "How sweet they missed me and were anxious to see me arrive." Nice thought. Not true. The two of them had locked themselves out and were anxious to see my keys (not me) :). It was after 11:00, so they had waited for 2 hours. Isn't that funny? I made pizza and we got to talk about the day. We all just about fell asleep at the kitchen table.

No comments: