Sunday, August 21, 2005

We took me out to the ball game

Here in Ottawa we are home to the Baltimore Orioles farm team, the Ottawa Lynx. The stadium and field (to left) are really quite nice, although evidently the sport is not too popular here in town. Every year there is rumbling about the Lynx leaving. I suppose there are just too many immigrants. I tried to get a group from the church to a ball game and there was very little interest. I gave up. But Sissy and João and I did go to a game this afternoon. It was a great day. Very sunny and moderately hot ( we actually switched seats since we felt like we were roasting where we were.). I tried and tried to explain the game, but although they understood a few things, it was pretty useless. Despite their confusion on when to cheer and when to boo the umpires, and a 7-4 loss, we did have a good time. It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. I enjoyed being taken out to the ballgame, even if there were no crackerjacks or peanuts!

No comments: