Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Birthday Bathroom

No one can say it wasn't an original gift! While my mom and sister were here, they decided to do a make-over on my downstairs bathroom. You have to understand this bathroom must have been a last minute thought when the house was built in the 1940's. It's under the steps. It looks like the only thing that had been done for it since the house's construction was to paint it. Pepto-bismal pink. Yuck. This photo doesn't do it full justice. It was much worse. Concrete floors and cinder block (PINK) wall. Bulging sheetrock walls too. So scrub, scrub, scrub. Work, work, work. Paint, paint, paint. Glue, glue, glue. Hammer, hammer, hammer. Calk, calk, calk. Six days of work. And voilá! A yellow bathroom, with one grey wall and nice tile floors. And these photos of the "after" don't do it justice either. It looks twice the size it was before. It looks all nice and clean. I don't think I will have to apologize anymore when I tell people they can use the basement bathroom. Looks downright decent. It really is a transformation. That has to be the most original, as well as useful present I've ever gotten. I know I will remember it every single day. Thanks Carolyn and Mom. It was fun to watch the work (I didn't lift a finger to help) and will be even more fun to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday peggy! I miss you!
Love ~ Megan