Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Twenty years after the fact


Twenty years after the fact
Originally uploaded by Peggy Jo.
Some time ago, in a real blast from the past, I got a phone call from "Hilary" Dawn who had worked with me at Camp Viewmont in Virginia in the summers of 1981-82. Through persistent investigation she found me here in Canada. She invited me down - well actually she did more than that - she bought me a plane ticket. So off I went to Fredericksburg, VA, for a marvelous reunion with her. I got to meet her fabulous family and even help with a GA sleepover and a Missions Alive encounter at her church. As an added bonus, on Saturday another former Viewmont staffer, Sonja, drove over to visit us. We had a great afternoon of reminiscing. Truth be told, we may have grey hair and put on a few pounds, even have some different perspectives on life, but "we are still us", just richer, surer and more deeply "us". It is so wonderful to reach back and pull our memories back to the present so our current "persona" is more firmly rooted. Make sense? It was a great experience. For those who know us, do you think we've changed a lot since 1982? Post a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont know about your girlfriend but you haven't changed much if any!