Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I love... what I hate

Isn't it beautiful? Today was our first snow that amounted to anything. It fell most of the day and it's really quite cold. Winter is here for sure. I love the cold crisp air. I love to watch it snow. I love the change of seasons. Tis grand to live here in Canada.
I even like to scuff the snow with my feet and look at the footprints in the snow. Yes those are my feet in the snow today. You can see it's actually slightly deep. This really makes it feel like Christmas is on the way.
Now on to what I hate... See the car? I hate driving in snow. Today there were umpteen ( a lot) accidents and at least one person was killed. These people drive like maniacs when the snow falls. It is dangerous. And I also hate having to scrape and clean the car before going out. You have to add 15 more minutes on to any trip. You have to warm up the car and then scrape, scrape, brush, clean. I hate to say it, but it's just a pain in the neck. At least the Toyota we have is smaller and I can actually reach the hood to clean it all off.
All in all, however, the love outweighs the hate. Today I just didn't go out driving. Good solution, eh?
Wherever you are, enjoy your weather. You can't change it, so why complain about it, right? This is the day the LORD has made!

No comments: