Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Early to bed and early to rise...

Makes me tired. (If you are confused, read the title!). Hopefully it makes be healthier and wise, although I think we can skip the wealthier.
Thank you for praying for me, because I know God is responding by giving me the inclination to do what needs to be done. Today marks one week that I have been able to get up and walk for 2 miles a day (of course not on Sunday!). I have also succeeded in doing my aqua fitness 3 days a week as well. I am also managing to sleep earlier and get up a little early than my normal. Can't say I have energy overflowing, but at least I don't feel like I am dying either. And I know it's what I need to do, so I feel good about that. Being physically active has never been an easy thing for me. I would much rather curl up with a good book and bowl of ice cream. This all goes contrary to my nature. But then I think that is what Paul was writing about when he talks about being controlled by the flesh and the spirit. I continually pray that I may demonstrate the fruit of the spirit and not the flesh.
Oh, I actually have a photo to post. Recently we bought some "bean bag" chairs for our TV room. They are so comfy. I drifted off to sleep the other night sitting in one. I love the bright colours that actually match the bed and curtains. Now I need to find just the right colourful throw rug and a big bright modern art painting. Well, that will have to wait. (Money doesn't grow on trees even in a tropical country!)
Last night I had the officers from church over for supper (with João and I that made 10 people) and they liked seeing the apartment. As someone commented, it's a big apartment and it's going to take time to get it totally furnished the way I want it. Patience is the key. I won't go into debt - against my principles.
I loved having the folks over last night. On Saturday the seminary students will be coming. They, however, won't get the Chicken Divan. They get hot dogs -with all the fixings, however! Somehow that fits more with their image. Besides, on Saturday I can't spend 5 hours preparing a meal. I think they will like my new chairs.
What else is new? I was able to buy tickets for João's parents to fly down to visit us. It was a very special promotional offer to buy on the internet after 10PM - the return ticket only cost $1! They have never flown, so this ought to be a real "trip" (literally speaking!) for them. I can't wait, although it won't be until Oct. 19th. And my trip to visit my family is only 5 weeks off! Yipee! Hope you are having as much fun living as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you had a good week! I like your bright new chairs! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks...I will need to know when you will be seeing the family so I can request time off. BTW, that shirt looks familiar... :-)
Love ~ Meg

Anonymous said...

nice to "see " you Peggy ! Will miss you this weekend, heading to Toronto for JGMJ.Good job with the excersize, I find that hard two with two babies.Have a wonderful week and God Bless. D