Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates

I think Forrest Gump's mother always taught him that and it's true. I was having a not so hot day (actually is WAS too hot), when João told me Elly had called to invite me out to lunch. Nice, I thought. So off we went to meet them around 12:30. To my utter atonishment, there were 32 people there to have lunch with me, to suprise me for my birthday. They suceeded. I never suspected a set-up. We had such a good time talking and, of course, eating. It really was a lot of fun and very relaxing, since I had not expected anything at all.
In the photo to the left, I am standing by the church's driver, who also celebrated his birthday today (mine is actually tomorrow, which is part of the reason they surprised me so much!).
I received so many hugs and kisses and nice presents, I think I am still stunned. I had mentioned that I thought I would go to the beauty salon tomorrow, so they all chipped in and gave me a card with money to have my hair done - they were so generous, I decided to have the whole works done...shampoo, cut, colour job, comb-out, and maybe even my nails! I can hardly wait for tomorrow!!!! So take a good look at me before I go blonde. Hope I don't go dumb as well. All in all it was a wonderful day. Oh,on the left is most of the group as we were leaving the restaurant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Peggy !! What a wonderful surprise. Looking forward to after pics.....enjoy being pampered you deserve it.

Peggy Fonseca said...

Wow, are you ever fast on the draw, Donna. I was still editing when I saw your comment. Thanks for the happy wishes. I am sure tomorrow will be loads of fun too.