Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Toto, I don't think we are in Rio anymore

Well here I am! I have had quite an October. After all my birthday celebrations, João's parents came to visit us. We were able to buy them plane tickets and they flew for the first time in their lives. We enjoyed having them with us so much!
While they were still with us, we also had a happy/sad visit from missionary friends who are permanently leaving Brazil (in fact have now left). They drove up to Rio from São Paulo to say good-bye to friends in Rio. In a way it was an end to an era... all the missionaries that João taught Portuguese to are now gone. I feel much sadness because of the changes in the SBC and International Mission Board. Enough said on that subject. I will miss my friends... many of them!
On the last day of the month I left Brazil to fly to the US and have a short visit with my family. I had a great flight and am enjoying my visit immensely. It's always good to see family. The weather is nice and the shopping fun as well. I have been able to enjoy a little bit of fall here, as you can see from the coloured trees. This weekend the whole family is getting together this weekend for a Thanksgiving/Christmas early celebration while I am home. It's all good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great update, have been checking for one. : ) Glad your enjoying your trip home.Heading to TO this weekend for our meetings, will miss you.Wonderful that you could have Joao's parents visit. Talk to you soon . Hugs D