Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gotta love their ingenuity

Take a close, close look at her claws. No I am not totally nuts. I did not give her a manicure! I was able to find some hot pink soft claws (silicone claw covers) that I glued on to keep her from scratching the furniture. She is a scratcher (what cat isn't) and although she does use her scratching post, she also loves my white couch. That will not do! Declawing is illegal here. So the solution was to use these claw covers. She was thrilled, as you can imagine. I don't know who got more glue on them...her claws or my fingers. But they were easy to apply, actually, as she is a cooperative cat. She shied away more because of the smell. Of course I gave her lots of kitty treats to encourage her along. Let's hope she is the kind of cat who takes 8 weeks, not 4 to shed her nails! This is a nice photo showing her true color of chocolate black. You can see her nice apple shaped face as well. I love my "Una Paloma Blanca"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen those before and I love them in pink!!! My Oz was declawed when we adopted him but I would have used those. Still thinking of a name for her highness but since I don't speak spanish.......

Anonymous said...

So is a black dove what you have named her? I like it.
Carolyn