Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, She has a Name!

Finally we have made a decision. This is our final answer. I will of course continue to call her, occasionally, "Una Paloma Blanca" just to be humorous and because everyone deserves to have a really good nickname. Her real name, however, will now be MIA. Congratulations to my "anonymous" friend who left the comment that Mia was a good choice. I would give you credit if I knew who you were. It is a great suggestion (as were all of them) and fits her just right. A girly name, as she is a girly kitty. An easily pronounceable name in English or Portuguese. In Italian and Spanish it means "mine" and we do think of her as "ours"! In Portuguese it is the verb for "meow", which is great for her rusty hinge meow (or as João says, her meow sounds like her battery is running down). So "Mia" it is. As they say in Italian "Cara Mia" - My Dear. My dear little cat. If you are sick of the subject, you will be glad to know that in the future I will be devoting less entries to her. I do, after all, have a life outside of my cat (but don't tell her that).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great choice, feminine and pretty...and short. How is she liking her nail covers so far ?

Peggy Fonseca said...

I love her pink claws and she click, clicks along when she walks, so I always know where she is. She doesn't even seem to notice, anymore, they are there. And now she is free to roam anywhere in the house. So this seems to be working quite well (except for the fact that they cost 10 times as much here in Brazil than in the US!)

Anonymous said...

Fico feliz q tenha escolhido o nome da sua gatinha! Gostei da escolha. Me fez lembrar a princesa de Genóvia (do filme Diário de uma princesa). Viu? Mia tb é nome de realeza (mesmo q seja na ficção!).
Bjks, amiga!

Anonymous said...

I am really glad you liked my suggestion.
Preciso rever vocês, aí então...
You will know who I am.
e vocês poderão conhecer my kids (6 and 3 years old).
See you,

Peggy Fonseca said...

OK! Eu me rendo! Não sei quem é. Estamos quebrando a pestana, mas não adianta. Socorro. Mais pistas...

Anonymous said...

OK!
Primeira pista:

Não vejo vocês desde a posse do Pr. João.
Bjs,