Friday, September 28, 2007

See I do have a life

See I told you I had a life outside of my cat. Today was our day off and a beautiful, rare day when it was neither hot, nor cold, nor rainy or too sunny. So we went off to the Lagoon to rent bikes and ride. But since it was a weekday, they didn't have "real" bikes. They only had these bicycles for two. I remembered they were difficult, but I didn't remember clearly enough to nix the idea of renting one. After about 10 minutes we were desperate to stop, take photos, look at the scenery, anything to rest our aching calves. It was fun, but we were plenty tired after 40 minutes. Then we had the bright idea to check out the new Wal-mart near our house (how's that for an exciting project for your day off?). We didn't realize that it had just had it's grand opening yesterday! I think half the population of the city was at the store. They had some great bargains, so we just meandered and looked and had fun "pawing" everything, despite the crowd. We even bought some groceries on sale. Since we had already done our morning exercise, ridden the bike, walked around the lagoon and then spent 2 hours in the store, by the time we got home, we were glad to collapse on the bed and have Mia purr us to sleep. We had a big thunderstorm and she seemed a little frightened.
Time marches on and now I must get a few things done around the house. Hope you have a fun weekend.

No comments: