Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let the Good Times Roll

I think João has finally made his peace with having a cat around the house, especially since they are fans of the same soccer team! Here they are in deep discussion about Flamengo. You see, Flamengo won a championship on Sunday night - 2 x 1, in a turn around in the last time period. Then they won again last night. Wow! Do I have two happy "cats" around my house, or what? It is always fun when your team wins.
In addition to the championship, we had other things that gave us a great weekend. Our Sunday services were just great - a real blessing both morning and evening. The morning was the 5th anniversary of one of our "choirs", a young people's group. They did a bossa-nova/contemporary kind of arrangement of "He's Everything to Me" (that one of the group members composed) that would have knocked your socks off. Fabulous. They helped with the congregational singing and it really felt like we soared above the stars in taking our praise to God.
Our evening services was also special, as a member-pastor turned 70 and brought in his whole family for the service, right down to providing a choir. They filled the church. It is a rare sight to have our church full for Sunday night and that was exciting in and of itself. The choir - all family members - also inspired. Especially with a contemporary arrangement of a number of songs from the Messiah. It was an unusual Sunday, for sure. I think it left our new minister of music with his head spinning!
The youth group, "Aviva-voz" (Live or "revived" Voice ) also put out a CD with their songs, and I have included a link to the arrangement I made reference to earlier. If you click on the "pink" mp3 player to left, you will be able to hear their recording. However, the recording is not of the same quality as their actual singing, as they did not record in a studio. They made the recording to help them with funds for a missionary trip they plan to make to Germany to share Christ with the Muslim population there. They have invited me to go with them and I am praying about this. I am really divided on the issue, so I am praying for "one" mind to know what to do. (The trip will be in July.)
I would hope that your week was as joyful as mine. Grab a friend (like Mia and João did) and sit down and chat about YOUR good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The young people music is very good. I really enjoyed hearing them.
I think the picture of the 2 Flamingo fans is real cute.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Cute matching costumes !! I see Mia is very patient.Sounds like a wonderful service, I would certainly have enjoyed the music.I hope it cools off soon for you, still piles of snow here, I am wanting spring NOW ! God Bless Donna

Anonymous said...

Que lindo o coro cantando! Amei!
Depois de ouvi-los fiquei mais aquecida nessa terra gelada.
Beijos,
Roberta.