Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Little Family

Yesterday we celebrated another birthday around our house. It was João's birthday. I had been looking forward to our family dinner for a while and was a little disappointed that I woke up with a cold and felt a little under the weather. Nevertheless, I was able to put together a decent pot roast supper. João asked for a lemon meringue pie instead of cake, so that's what I made. It was beautiful and to me tasted so good. He enjoyed it. I am not sure if the girls were so enchanted. But they did enjoy the pot roast. Since we had a pie, I couldn't very well stick a candle in it, so we improvised with another candle and had fun yelling/singing Happy Birthday as João pretended to struggle to blow out the candle. João got a lot of nice gifts. I could hardly wait to give him the guitar I bought for him. Our music minister helped me to pick it out. I think João likes it and was really pleased to receive it before his vacation when he will be able to use it a lot. There is a dinner at church on Sunday, as well as a "tea" on Saturday evening, so we will be stretching out the celebration over a couple of days. That makes it more fun that way.
I feel much better today and am struggling with the temptation to not snarf down the rest of the lemon meringue pie. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lemon pie was delicious!!!

Peggy Fonseca said...

Thanks, Elly. We ate, the next day, with the help of Larissa, all the pie for lunch.