Monday, October 20, 2008

Back Home Again in Indiana

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but I have left Brazil. Not forever. For 12 days! I have taken a short fall break to visit my family in the states. I love fall. It HAS to be the most beautiful time of the year. Nothing is like a crisp fall day, with the beautiful blue sky, colored leaves and that little "nip" in the air.
I have been fortunate in the week I have been home it hasn't been hot or cold, and no real rain. Just nice blue skies. I arrived home, that is to say my mother's house, on Monday the 13th. I needed a couple days to get unwound from the trip. For the first time in a long while, I actually slept on the plane. My flights all took off and landed on time, so I had a really good trip. I have tried to make this trip different than most, in that I have made it as laid back as possible. I have tried to avoid lots of running around and shopping and just "be".
Thursday my sister Carolyn lent me her car (brave soul, isn't she?) and I drove up to Indy to visit my other sister and niece. We enjoyed going out to eat, driving out to the country to see the leaves and just hanging out some. The photos of the wagon are at a pumpkin farm. The corn patch is in my sister's back yard (her garden) and Megan and I were picking the last couple of tomatoes and playing with the dried up green beans.
I even enjoyed playing with her kitties. Today I came back to Mom's house, where I'll be the rest of the week. I'm not sure what all we have planned for the rest of the week, but I know it will be fun!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Que lugar lindo!!