Saturday, December 27, 2008

16 years and what do you get?

Another day older and deeper in love!

On Monday we will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary. I can’t believe it, can you? Here in Brazil, it is called the Sapphire celebration. Sapphire’s meaning, of course, is blue. (By the way, I will accept all sapphire gifts you wish to shower down on me). I know in the North American psychology blue is not a good thing, as in to be “blue”, but here in Brazil, it is just the opposite. If all is “blue”, that means all is going well. We paint things blue to represent calmness and tranquility. I would have to say that would be a good evaluation of our life together – tranquility and joy. We so enjoy our lives together and it seems we make such a good fit. Waking up each morning, married to João is a constantly renewed joy for me. Thank you, God, for this gift to me. I am grateful everyday!

No comments: