Saturday, May 16, 2009

Getting Older

DSCF0118

Yesterday morning when I got up I gave thanks to God that in 1955 that João was born. I thought about calling his parents to thank them. I am so grateful that João was born and came into my life. So although, technically it was his day of celebration, it was also mine.

It was joyful to be able to say to him how happy I am that he is part of my life. I love so many things about him. I love his joy and sense of humor. I love his commitment to sharing the good news of Jesus and shepherding his flock. I admire his intelligence and ability to learn new things. I appreciate this thoughtfulness, tenderness and gratefulness.  I like him and I love him. DSCF0120

So happily we gathered the family together for a birthday dinner. We all enjoyed a nice fondue dinner, with a frozen lemon cheesecake for dessert. A fun time was had by all. And don’t we form a handsome group? I am so glad  we have birthdays as excuses to get together and eat and talk and laugh and look at old photos and remember and say THANK-YOU. Be sure to tell someone you love how they are important to you!

1 comment:

André Decotelli said...

I'm also grateful to his parent's...above all i'm grateful to God. Because he sent Pr. João for us.