Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Last Rose of Summer

rosa perfeita

We continue to have a marvelous time here in our “little” vacation house. It is so lovely and nice, makes us not want to do anything except just “hang-out” at home and snap a lot of photos. This rose is just one of many of the flowers and plants around here. Since there is so much glass in the house, I just pull up a rocker by the windows and sit and look at the beauty. I have a heard time finishing my books. I find myself DSCF0115 (2)just stopping to gaze out the window and just sit and be quiet. DSCF0112 (2)

Yesterday we did get out to spend the day with a pastor who studied at the seminary with João. What a fun visit we had together. I loved hearing the old stories.

Today our wonderful neighbors invited us to a barbeque, so DSCF0104 (3)we enjoyed great food, as well as good company. Nothing like meat/chicken cooked on on a spit over wood. It is delicious. Our lunch lasted until almost 5, as we sat and visited and drank coffee. I am drinking lots of coffee and tea, as it’s nice just to hold the warm cup.DSCF0119 (2)

Tomorrow we have plans to hit an art fair before church, attend First Baptist, and then eat out at the largest restaurant in the world (according to Guinness) here in Curitiba (Madalosso), so I don’t know if I’ll get back with you, but you can be sure we’ll have a great Lord’s Day.

1 comment:

Elly said...

Nossaaaaa, parece bem frio aí, hein!!!
Beijocas!