Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Just a hello

Digitalizar0013

Thought I’d just check in a say a little hello and let you know all is okay. We are staying busy with the family life conference that is going well at church. The attendance is pretty good and everyone seems to really enjoy Pr. Irland’s sermons.

Around our house it’s been interesting as we have been without electricity off and on since Sunday. We had a generator truck out front, but it was not always reliable. That’s when it’s not fun living on the 16th floor. The electricity finally got back to normal today, for which I am grateful. I’m not sure which is worse – climbing up the stairs which is tiring and going down them that just kills my legs. We also had a pipes burst down the street and there was no water for a while, although our building brought in water trucks to supply us.

Before the conference got started, I was able to finish my 3rd painting of the tulips, this time in acrylics, with an effort made to do a less realistic work, more of an impressionistic style. So now you know it’s not out of “focus”, but a “looser” style of painting. It was actually fun and went quickly. Surprisingly, however, it made me nervous to try something different. Once I took the plunge, I found it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I want to do one or two more interpretations of the tulips, but I am not sure what I want to do. A pastel in negative colors? A super, super realistic colored pencil? Won’t it be fun when I finish them all and frame them all together?

1 comment:

Elly said...

Hi!!
Uma vez tive que descer 25 andares aqui no centro... cheguei lá embaixo tonta.
Que bom que a energia já voltou ao normal! =)
Beijos!