Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Spirit

mia aat  tree

With Christmas just four days off, that’s what I’m thinking about these days! I have lists set up for grocery shopping and recipes printed out for our Christmas eve dinner. Sissy says it has to be midnight. That is very much a Brazilian tradition, but I’ll confess, not one of my favorites, since it comes from the idea of Christmas mass. In addition, it means no one wants to be in church on Christmas eve since they are busy preparing the big feast for the DSCF0691family. I so miss going to church on Christmas eve. So I’ll just take a nap on the 24th and maybe we’ll eat before midnight, so we can open our presents on the stroke of twelve! Even Mia is getting into the spirit of things. Isn’t she just the cutest thing?

I’ve been trying christmasct-blogto get into the spirit by watching holiday movies and looking to pick out something for us to watch together, but just haven’t found the right one. I generally like “old” movies that make you feel all warm and happy. I am tired, however, of “It’s a Wonderful Life” and “White stlouis1Christmas”. I checked out “Christmas in Connecticut”, but frankly found it to be a bit corny for my taste. Someone suggested “Meet Me in St. Louis” with Judy Garland, and although it may be a fine musical, the storyline was pretty goofy. I realized I had never really watched “Holiday Inn”, the original film for the song “White Christmas” and so am watching that, but it’s actually not a very Christmassy story. Hard to please, aren’t I? So if youbest flutes have a good suggestion, I’d love to hear it.

Last night at church, before the service, the children presented a Christmas program. It was cutgood singinge and fun and I’m glad to have been there and seen them. It’s always so sweet to see the kids. After their program, then we had our evening worship service which was a Christmas program, with three choirs singing. It was a great worship service. It even cooled down enough to be comfortable without air conditioning, which is a relief.

If I don’t get back to you before Christmas day, I do wish you a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Peggy
It's a newer movie but have you seen Polar Express? You might like it.
I hope your Adent Season has been wonderful and I pray our Saviour's Hope, Peace, Joy and Love upon you and your family.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed 2010!
Miss you and Love you
Carol Sollows