Monday, June 14, 2010

Clowns and a Cat

I have finished my tabby cat painting done with colored pencils. I am pleased with the results. I tabby cat finishedcould have done more touches here and there, but one must simply quit “messing” with the image at some point. As you know I haven’t been to classes for a while, but the other night I dropped by to see how everyone is doing and the interesting thing is that one of the women who has a style very similar to mine has also gone back to colored pencils, that we both found the most challenging of all the mediums. This is most certainly my last drawing for a while, as I will be really busy getting ready for vacation. I have to secure substitutes for my Bible study (in addition to preparing the lessons for the teachers and students) and for the children’s message. In addition, I have a study to prepare for a magazine and a message to prepare for the Baptist World Alliance in July, Then there are bags to pack and the house to organize and bills to pay, etc. Leaving the country for 5 weeks requires lots of preparation. And we will be travelling in exactly 2 more weeks. But then who is counting?casa

This past weekend we attending a most unique wedding. Our children’s pastor was married on Saturday. I was not seated in a place where I could get a photograph, but surely wish I had been. He and his new wife met through children’s ministry and are active in clown ministry. So guess what? They had two clowns at the wedding! It was so much fun and SO reflected their personalities. I really enjoyed it . This photo I “borrowed” from someone’s online album shows the end of the wedding and I think you can see their joy. It’s great to see two of God’s servants uniting their lives and think of their potential for changing lives together.

And that’s my news for tonight. See you round the net.

No comments: