Thursday, December 23, 2004

Bah- Humbug!

You know this Ottawa weather may turn me into a Scrooge and say "Bah-hambug". Just kidding. But for the second year in a row it has rained all day at Christmas and flooded my basement. I hate wringing out towels and sheets and vacuuming constantly. In fact I'm writing this on one of my five minute breaks from mopping up. I would have rather had 15 cm of snow instead of rain. Snow is pretty. Rain is just cold and yucky.
Just had to complain about the rain. It's driving me nuts. And certainly has messed up the travel plans of so many people. But it all brings me back around to say that Christmas is not about turkey and family and presents. It's all about Jesus Christ. I confess that I sometimes lose sight of that and this little basement mop-up operation has reminded me of all the wonderful blessings God has given me. I do refuse to be down! I am joyous not in the season, but in my Saviour - giving thanks IN all things!
Merry Christmas.

No comments: