Monday, December 27, 2004

A slumberless party

João and I had a great Christmas! The Christmas eve service at church was so inspiring and very well attended. There was a real crowd, which is surprising with so many people travelling to visit families.
We enjoyed a "Brazilian Christmas" on Christmas eve with friends. That was really nice. On Christmas day we had a great dinner and visit with a couple from our church. Of course, throughout the day we called family and friends in the US and Brazil and had so many really good chats! It brought them closer to us.
Having Christmas on a Saturday sort of cut short our free time, as we needed to spend a good part of the day getting ready for Sunday morning. It was a chilly, chilly day, but it was good to back with God's people in worship.
I couldn't resist, however, getting in some after Christmas shopping. So I was up early and was at Best Buy by 6:45! It opened at 7:00 and about 300 of us stood outside in -20 weather waiting for our bargains. I got mine and consequently you'll be seeing more photos on this site - I got a digital camera -YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also had to hit the store in the afternoon to get a stock of food for the sleepover that evening (and I also managed to find time to get my wrapping paper and cards for next year!). I invited 6 girls from the church to spend the night at my house. They arrived in stages on Sunday evening. Here's part of the crew right after they arrived:


We sat up until 3:00 eating pizza, ice cream and watching movies. Unfortunately they didn't sleep in the next morning, so there wasn't much sleep to be had. We spent all of Monday together just doing "girl" stuff. I love being with them. They are great kids and lot of fun.

I need to sleep. So I'll see you round the net!

No comments: