Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Freezing Rain

This seems to be the winter of "Freezing Rain." For the first time since we've been here, we actually cancelled a mid-week service. Most everyone called and said they didn't want to get out in the freezing rain, so we decided that the wiser part of valor would be to call the others and cancel. So we did so. Seems so strange though.
We continue to await the news that our passports arrived in Buffalo. Can't blame Canada, though, as the envelope has been in the US since 4:50AM on Sunday. So what's taking so long to get to Buffalo?
Gradually, though, we are making plans for going to the US. We are even started to get excited about seeing people there and enjoying our much delayed 2004 vacation!
Right now I am enthused about a "Reading/Book" Club that we are starting at our church. We have chosen the books and our first meeting will be at the end of January. We will be reading Max Lucado's "Come Thirsty" and so far everyone seems enthused. I am so pleased to participate in this new project as it pushes me to read new and different books.
My other project is that starting next week, I will be back to teaching English once a week. I have a small group of students (Brazilians) who I tutor on English (mainly pronunciation) for two hours a week. It takes almost a whole day to prepare for the two hour class, but I really enjoy it. Certainly keeps me on my toes.
Speaking of toes, here I am with one of my Christmas dresses on. But I had on my house slippers. Oh well. Have a good one today.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Querida Peggy,

Bem vinda ao drama pós recebimento dos papéis. É assim mesmo, até o correio demora!
Por falar em chuva frizada, como diz D. Rute, eta tempinho chato! Infelizmente não tenho boas notícias pois a previsão para amanhã são 8 graus, isto mesmo você não leu errado! Será 8 graus com chuva. Prepare-se para passar outro dia cuidando do basiment.
Beijos,
Roberta.