Thursday, January 06, 2005

Good News/Boas Notícias

Leia a notícia em português abaixo...
I know you will be as thrilled as we are to know that today we received the news that our immigration was approved on December 23rd! Now we just have to send in our passports to the consulate in Buffalo, NY, await their return and then leave the country in order to "officially" enter Canada as immigrants. So all should be officialized in about a month. We have waited many long months of this document and thank all of you for your prayers. You can see the joy on our faces in photos below.
Eu sei que você ficará tão emocionado quanto a gente com a notícia que recebemos hoje: ganhamos nossa "residência permanente" no Canadá (somos imigrantes agora e não apenas "trabalhadores temporários"). Ainda temos que enviar o passaporte para receber o carimbo e depois teremos que sair do país para reentrar como "imigrantes". Devemos terminar o processo dentro de um mês. Esperamos muito tempo para essa notícia e queremos agradecer suas orações e apoio.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS!! I am so glad that you can move around freely now. You could even come stay with me in my new apartment! LOL
Talk to you soon!
Love ~ Megan
ps. When did Joao lose the beard??? Did I miss this somewhere?

Anonymous said...

HI Peggy,

It is my first time reading your blog and I have to say that I feel making part of your life in a very different way. It is so strange! I know almost every body! I have to say that I like this feeling.
By the way, CONGRATULATIONS for the immigration papers, it is a big relief and know you and pastor Jõao can go to Brazil as soon as possible.
Brazilians Kisses,
Roberta.