Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A totally good day

What a wonderful day. I just love days like this. Everything just seems to go right. Today our new book club had our first meeting. We discussed "Come Thirsty" by Max Lucado. I had such a good time. I enjoyed hearing and learning from everyone and seeing that everyone had a different perspective on the book. In addition the fellowship was terrific. Besides talking about the books, we get to know each other a little better.
Right before everyone arrived, I picked up our mail and lo and behold, there were our passports back from Buffalo. We thought about going down tomorrow, but I think we will wait until Thursday to go to the border and have them stamped as official landed immigrants. (You must enter Canada as a "landed immigrant" and have your documents stamped as such to receive your permanent resident card). Then in a short time we will have our cards and be all official. Isn't that great???????????
Today I also got a call from Toronto that my meeting tomorrow was cancelled. So I get to stay home, which I needed. Of course, if I had been going to Toronto, driving down to the border would have been difficult this week. God certainly is coordenating our lives.
Hope your day was as wonderful as ours - but that might be hard.

No comments: