Thursday, December 28, 2006

Look who's here!

Today was a red letter day as our friends from Canada arrived at the airport. It made for a very happy day to have this wonderful family here with us in Rio. I am especially happy to have my favourite three year old here! She's grown so much since I saw her in March.
Our building is a great place for kids, as there is a nice playground. I don't know which she liked the most... the playhouse or the swimming pool! She doesn't really know about beaches, so today she preferred to go back down to the playground than go to the beach. What does someone who has grown up in Canada know about Rio beaches, I ask?
I've always complained our pool is too small, but you know, it was just perfect for her! She's a little fish and had a great time in the water. Cooled us all off, as it was quite breezy. The adults were all ready to get out of the water and all shivery, but she wanted to stay. Kids are that way. She fell asleep during supper. I think the pool and fresh air wore her out. Come to think of it, I didn't have much trouble sleeping either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such nice pictures......and nice to have friends visit, especially 3 yr old ones. Have a wonderful visit ! And thanks for keeping up with your blog, I enjoy it .